Each week, we talk to a lot of businesses, big and small, and we hear the same thing “why should I use Facebook?” and “it’s a waste of time and effort”
As you would expect we disagree with those comments. Nowadays if somebody is looking for a product or a service they are less likely to look in a newspaper or a phone book. They will “Google it” or they will ask their friends via social media for thoughts, reviews and recommendations.
Many of our clients have seen results from using Facebook, such as generating enquiries and leads which has converted into business and driving traffic to their website, which again, has led to positive conversions.
We believe every business should have, at least, a Facebook page and here are five reasons why
- It’s FREE to use – Having a Facebook page won’t cost you a penny, not a bean. All you need to do is put some time aside each day/week to update posts, find content and to engage with the people who are leaving comments on your page. You could pay for ads or spend money boosting your posts but if your marketing budget is low then why not take advantage of it.
- You customers are on Facebook so make sure you are on there too. Here are some interesting facts……Did you know, if Facebook was a country it would be the 3rd biggest in the world. There are over 1.15 billion users and over 700 million of them use it daily. At least one in three people you meet are on Facebook and finally, at least half of pensioners in the UK are on Facebook. So no matter what your target market is, young or old, there is a very good chance they are on there.
- Brand building – By having a Facebook business page you will have a perfect platform to amplify your brand. You can keep in touch with the people on the page and you will be able to respond to any questions, queries and feedback. You will able to share content with people who are interested in your products or services. However, you can’t just share any old thing though. You posts need to be engaging. If the content is good your followers will talk to you, click like or share it with their friends so even more people can see who you are and what you do. If it’s really good your post could end up going viral!
- Customer Service – You can read our more in-depth blog on the subject by clicking HERE, but briefly, having a Facebook page is a great customer service tool. Whilst the telephone and email is still the most popular way for customers to complain or get in touch with companies, research shows that social media is being used more and more. This is because customers are realising that their complaint or issue can be seen by more than just the company. If the customer has had a bad experience they will share it with their Facebook friends as well as put it on your business page. However, if you will deal with it correctly everyone will see that too and this will help stop your customers going elsewhere.
- SEO – Finally, one of the best reasons to have a Facebook business page is it can help boost your online visibility and push you up the Google rankings. Facebook is good for search engine optimisation and is a great way of driving traffic to your website. Any information you share, that is relevant to your business, will be indexed by search engines and the more engagement you have on your Facebook page, the better its ranking will be.
There are so many other great reasons to get your business on social media. These 5 are just a few. If you do not have a Facebook page or you already have one and are not getting the results you would like then we can help. If you would like more information please contact us via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or you can email us at [email protected]