If you’ve read that Facebook will become a pay to play platform due to the news of moving page posts to a new Explore feed (which is currently being tested in Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Serbia, Bolivia, Guatemala, and Cambodia) – please note that this only applies to PUBLISHERS right now in those countries, for example newspapers, viral meme sites etc., and I believe the publisher posts in the new explore feed will roll out to other countries before it affects business pages.
I’ve often spoken about my belief that eventually that Facebook will become pay to play for ALL businesses, as they want to prioritise the main newsfeed from friends and family…
With that in mind, how can you future proof your Facebook marketing RIGHT NOW?
- Allocate a budget for Facebook ads, if not this year, then definitely next year!
- Get proficient at Facebook ads, and understand the Facebook marketing journey – ie, Awareness, Consideration, and Conversion
- Install the FB pixel on your website if you haven’t already done so, so that you can retarget ads to an already warm audience based on their browsing behaviour on your site
- Consider setting up a Facebook group and grow the membership of this
- Grow engagement in your Facebook group by asking questions, creating polls, making it a place where group members can ask you questions, and sharing content that’s useful and interesting!